Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Schumann Resonance



I was recently thinking about the different brain states we pass through during an average day - from waking up, to early attempts to focus ourselves, to creative moments, to relaxation (or stress!), to meditation, to sleep, to deep dreaming - the human brain states have been characterised as four types: delta, theta, alpha, beta.

This got me thinking about what I had heard some time back about the Schumann resonances, which are the spectrum of the natural Earth ELF (extremely low frequency) signals that pulsate between the Earth's crust and ionosphere, and which share some frequencies with our own little human brain. I remember reading about this in Itzhak Bentov's 'Stalking the Wild Pendulum' - a book that I had enjoyed albeit with some reservations about the eagerness of the author and his writing...

Anyway, as I am interested in the effects of electromagnetism (EM) on the human mind + body I was reminded also that this ELF correspondence can be used for understandings in human health.

There is a worthwhile article titled 'The Schumann Resonances and Human Psychobiology' that addresses this idea:

As human beings we have extraordinary potentials we have hardly begun to study, much less understand. Creative gifts, intuitions and talents that are unpredictable or emergent may become stabilised in generations to come. Hopefully, we can learn to understand both our emergence from an essentially electromagnetic environment and facilitate our potential for healing, growth and non-local communication.



5 comments:

EarthCitizen #23 said...

Here is another synchronicity, Kingsley,, I am a blogFriend of Zoe, and just read your comments there and thought I would check out your blog. (Mine is a bit political this week, please forgive if you look, will be cleaning it up soon,,lol)
Anyway, the Schumann Resonance has always held a special interest to me, especially since physics is finding new uses for the matching of Frequencies,, some not so ethical.
I have been looking at this electomagnetic phenomenon for a good while, and experimenting with some 'magickal' applications as well. You might be interested in what Dan Winter has to say on this subject, he is a brilliant mind whom has a very wholistic grasp on this subject and other less understood ElectroMagneticMind operations,,
HAARP is scary to say the least, and geomagnetic Earthwork is needed to balance the damage done already by our Techno-Ilogical push beyond the limits of Gaia's threshold of tolerance.
Hope to return when I have more time,, great Post,,

Kingsley said...

Hi Scott - great to have you here: yes, I've been in-directly introduced to you via Zoe.

There's so much in this subject - from HAARP to Becker's work on 'The Body Electric' - from healing to harm... and the non-locality of the new physics - to the quantum biology of Mae Wan-Ho...

we should speak more....!

A.V. Michaels said...

I too share an interest in the Shumann Resonance. I heard there was some controversy bc some people thought it was speeding up, others maintain it hasn't.

Anonymous said...

Hiya Kingsley! How have you been? Well I hope.
Now, I havent even heard of this one. I am going to learn all about this then read your post again so I understand it better!
It sounds facinating.

Zoe xxx

Anonymous said...

After 2012 we will realised that nothing is better than to give to a poor man a piece of bread and onion.